To download a current copy of our handbook, click here:
Thank you for your membership or interest in CGA Academy Soccer Club, LLC, “Art of Soccer”. This handbook is made available so that one can understand our structure, rules, guidelines and the many other aspects of what it means to be a member of CGA Academy Soccer Club. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
CGA Academy Soccer Club, LLC may be referred to as “CGA Academy S.C.”, “CGA Academy SC” or the “Club” in this handbook. “CGA Academy SC” aims to be a premier club that develops players of all ages. We love the game of soccer and more importantly, we love to impart our knowledge of the game to those who are equally as passionate and would like to learn.
What is the “Art of Soccer”? An artist has the ability to express themselves through a chosen medium. Through practice and discovery, through trial and error, an artistic style is formed. Through discipline the artist masters self. Through commitment and hard work, one prepares the road ahead. Through devotion, one’s focus is set on the prize and can’t be led astray. Fun, enjoyment and the challenge of expression is the motivation. By choosing CGA Academy – Art of Soccer – you are choosing the path of the artist. You are choosing to have fun playing soccer and enjoy the challenge of the game. You are ready to accept and learn from the tools that will help you to be successful: discipline, commitment, hard work, preparation, devotion, fun and the enjoyment of the challenge. We are lifelong learners of the game of soccer and we believe in the Art of Soccer. We look forward to working with you to achieve your soccer goals and helping you along your journey.
To better understand how we view soccer, below is a list of our core beliefs:
- We believe that a supportive environment is one that nurtures creativity and views mistakes as an opportunity to gain experience and learn.
- We believe that hard work, discipline, and belief are the keys to success and overcoming adversity.
- We believe that a professional environment is one that teaches respect for one’s self and others.
- We believe that through athletics one can learn a trade, gain confidence and establish lifelong friendships.
- We believe in having fun and fostering the love of the game.
Who Should Join CGA Academy SC
CGA Academy is the right club for you if:
- You love soccer.
- You are tenacious and work hard.
- You love to play and have fun.
- You are excited about learning new things.
- Love being a part of a team that works hard to accomplish individual and team goals.
- You would like to play soccer at the highest levels (college or professionally).
As an LLC, the Executive Leaders (owners) of the Club are Carlos Elizondo, George Hahui, Alin Suru and Iulian Apostol. Please read the bios of the Executive Leaders to get a sense of their soccer journey and why they are so excited to be a part of the Idaho Soccer Community. Along with being the Executive Leaders, they will also hold other positions within the club. The following page has a breakdown of the club structure and leadership.
We expect our coaches to be professionals. The CGA Academy SC coaches strive to:
- Be good role models.
- Be Respectful to parents and players.
- Model good sportsmanship towards opposing team’s players, parents, coaches and the officials.
- Advocate and discipline the team and individual players when appropriate.
- Be punctual and work hard for the team.
- Be honest.
The Club’s Responsibility to Coaches and Player Development
The club will:
- Recruit, hire and retain the best staff.
- Provide a club-wide curriculum that is age specific and that follows initiatives set forth by the U.S. Soccer Federation’s guidelines for player development.
- Provide continuing education opportunities and resources to coaches for expanding their knowledge.
- Support coaches in obtaining and furthering their licensing.
- Provide any additional assistance as needed to help players and coaches develop.
- Network with ODP, colleges and professional clubs in order to showcase teams, players and coaches of the club.
Missing Child Protocol
In the event that a child is missing from the game field or practice field, the following sequence of actions will take place.
- Immediately let the senior CGASC staff member know.
- “CGA Academy SC” senior staff member will blow a horn 5 times in a row. This will signal to everyone that a child is missing.
- Coaches will gather players from their team and have them sit down in a row with the coach standing next to the team.
- Coaches are to double check that all players belong in their group.
- “CGA Academy SC” staff will check all restrooms, playgrounds, parking lots and any other area where the child could have gone.
- If a child is not found CGASC staff will call 911.
- Game or practice will not commence until the CGASC senior staff has blown the horn for a continuous 5 seconds.