CGA Academy SC
Boys/Girls Born in 2004 and 2005
August 15, 2017 – June 15, 2018
U14 (2004) – U13 (2005)
Our focus is to provide the absolute best training environment for players. Group play, team concepts and physical development gain in importance. Team opportunities and individual opportunities open up. Teams strive to play at higher and higher levels. Players may be identified and given the opportunity to play at state, regional, or national ODP events and MLS academies. Teams play 11v11 format.
August – October
- Local & regional league.
- September 2-3, 2017 – Bozeman tournament.
- September 23-24, 2017 – Jackson Hole tournament.
- October 7-8, 2017 – Boise tournament.
November – February (Optional)
- Indoor league and indoor training
- -Canyon Rim 2004 Girls
- -Director’s Cup/State U18B 2004 Girls
- -Yellowstone Cup 2004 Girls
- -Bozeman 2004 Girls
- -JHFC 2004 Girls
- -Gem State 2004 Girls
March – June
- Local & regional league.
- May 11-13, 2018 – Pocatello tournament.
- May 18-20, 2018 – Directors Cup Boise.
- June, 2018 – Rexburg tournament.
*Above schedule is still tentative. Final schedules will be posted by July 15th.
Cost for the year:
Initial registration is $250 (once per year) and includes: administration and coaching.
Uniform $180 and includes: 2 shirts, 2 shorts, 2 socks, warm up top, warm up bottom and printing. No purchase necessary if you already have the full kit.
August 2017 – May 2018
Monthly payment is dependent on final schedule and participation in the winter indoor program. $100 includes coaching, Idaho Youth Soccer registration/secondary insurance, the entry fees to 6 tournaments. coach travel, outdoor facility fees, indoor facility fees, outdoor league registration, indoor league registration and referees.
Registration for the 2017-2018 soccer year will open June 22, 2017.
Components of the games:
- Technique – experiment with the qualities of a flighted ball like spin, swerve, chipping to pass, bending passes and driving crosses to the far post and top of penalty area. Also practice half volleys and volley shooting, slide tackles, heading to pass, flick headers, diving headers, receiving with the outside of the instep, outside of foot shot, receiving bouncing and air balls with the head, dummy boxing and catching crosses, reading crosses (when to come out and when to stay), half volley (drop kick), kick saves, long over-arm throws, saving penalty kicks and angle play.
- Psychology – assertiveness, tension control, self and team discipline, able to stay focused for an entire match, sportsmanship, parental involvement, how to play, mental focusing techniques, emotional management and self-regulation.
- Tactics: individual and group tactics including delay, depth and balance in defense. Compactness, role of 3rd defender, how to make recovery and tracking runs. Playing on, around and away from the ball with purpose. Responding to restart situations. How to defend in each part of the field. How to play in attacking half. Checking runs, take-overs, switching positions during the flow of play, zone defense and post-match analysis.
For goalkeepers: taking command of the goal area, provide support on the attack out to the back line, distance of support to the defense, organization during a corner kick, setting the wall at free kicks and 1v1 with the defense and communication.
- Fitness: acceleration, speed, anaerobic exercise, cardio respiratory and cardiovascular training, flexibility – static stretching (particularly in the cool down), lateral movement and all fitness work with the ball. Continue player education about nutrition and introduce the concept of rest for recovery.