CGA Academy SC Juniors
Boys/Girls U7 Born in 2010
Boys/Girls U8 Born in 2009
Spring Season April 10 –May 31, 2018
Focus of this age group is to continue to build confidence, individual ball skills and nurture the enjoyment of playing the game. Activities that require smaller group cooperation and team building are introduced. Players will play in an in-house with a game format of 4v4 or 5v5.
- Start and end date: April 10 – May 31, 2018.
- Practices: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:15 – 5:15pm.
- Cost for the 8 week program: $149.
Registration is based on a first come first serve basis. Registration is now open. No tryouts will be held. Spots are limited.
Components of the game:
- Technique – Experiment with the qualities of a rolling or spinning ball. Introduce ball lifting, juggling, block tackle, receiving ground balls with the inside and sole of the foot, shooting with the inside of the foot, toe passing and shooting and dribbling while changing direction. Introduce the push pass.
- Fitness – Agility, eye-foot and eye-hand coordination, balance, leaping, bounding, tumbling, catching, throwing, pulling, pushing, warm-up activities and movement education. Continue education on sports nutrition with players and parents.
- Psychology – Encourage working in pairs, sportsmanship, parental involvement, how to play, emotional management, creativity, dynamic activities, participation of all players and a safe and fun environment. There is still a short attention span unless the player has peaked (keep interest high). Like to show what they can do – encourage trying new things. Developing self-esteem – activities should foster positive feedback and attainable positive success.
- Tactics – Back line and forward line, 1v1 attack and choosing to dribble or pass. Introduce the names of positions (fullbacks and forwards). Institute games of 2v1, 1v2 and 2v2, playing with the ball with a purpose and promote problem-solving.