CGA Academy SC Juniors
Boys/Girls U5 Born in 2012
Boys/Girls U6 Born in 2011
Spring Season April 10–May 31, 2018
U5 (2012) – U6 (2011)
Focus of this age group is to have fun while learning the skills that will help them develop in the years to come. Age appropriate activities help guide players use of imagination and foster the desire to play. Teams will play in an in-house coed league with a game format of 3v3 or 4v4. All practices will be taught by professional coaches that specialize in working with this influential age group.
Victor/Driggs, Idaho Season Details:
- Start and end date: April 10 – May 31, 2018.
- Practices: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:30 – 4:15pm.
- Cost for the 8 week program: $125.
Registration is based on a first come first serve basis. Registration is now open. No tryouts will be held. Spots are limited.
Learning components of the game:
- Fitness – introduce the idea of warm up and movement education. Begin education about nutrition with players and parents. Balance, walking, running, how to start and stop, jumping, hopping, rolling, skipping, changing direction, bending, twisting and reaching.
- Technique – dribbling (stop and start) and shooting. Experiment with the qualities of a rolling ball.
- Psychology – sharing, fair play, parental involvement, how to play and emotional management.
- Tactics – where is the field. The concept of boundary lines, at which goal to shoot.
Typical U5/U6 training session:
- Not more than 45 minutes.
- Every child should have a ball.
- Free play or a warm up, including movement education challenges (approximately 15 minutes).
- Game-like activities (fun games 1v1, 2v1, 1v2, 2v2 approximately 15 minutes).
- Finish with a 3v3 game with 2 goals, no goalkeepers (approximately 15 minutes).
Coaches will devote the end of each training session to playing 3v3 practice games. During these practice games the coach will teach rules of the game to the players. Fun games involving small numbers.