- Entry Level Referee (Grade 8)
- Century High School, Room C220
7801 West Diamondback Drive, Pocatello, ID 83204
- Date: February 10, 2018 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- First, Grade 08 is an entry level referee. You do not need to be in the 8th grade to attend. There has been confusion about this in the past. Minimum Recommended age is 12, but that is not a hard and fast policy. What is a hard and fast policy is that if you are a youth referee, you cannot be the center referee on a match that has kids your own age or older. Assistant Referees (the ones on the line) may be younger, but they must be at least as fast as the players they are officiating.
- There will be six steps that must be completed to become a US Soccer Federation Referee in Idaho.
- Register for an Arbiter account.
- Pay the 2018 ISRC Clinic fee ($30).
- Pay the US Soccer Registration fee ($40).
- Sign up for an in-person clinic.
- Complete the online modules at US Soccer. These must be completed prior to the in-person clinic. Directions on how to prove completion are below.
- Successfully complete the in-person clinic.
- Steps 1-4 will be completed by going to the following link: http://idahosoccerrefs.arbitersports.com/front/105684/Registration.
- Once there select “New Referee 2018” from the menu; Read first Page entitled “Entry Clinic Welcome”, then select Next; Complete the remaining steps including “Personal Information”, “Background Check”, “Additional Information”, and “Payment”; If not automatically directed to do so, go to the “Eligibility” tab. There, under “Open”, you will now see “1 of 2 Requirements Completed” for “New Referee 2018”. When selecting that option, you will then see a link for “Register for In-Person Event”. Select that and register for the date which you intend to attend.
- Step 5 is to be completed at the following link:
- There are 18 modules that must be completed. There is a quiz associated with each module, you need to take and pass all the quizzes and provide some way to prove / show me you have passed them. You can print the certificates out or show me on your smartphone, tablet, etc. Each one of the modules will want a Clinic Number. For this clinic use POC2.10.2018 as the clinic number. If it asks for a USSF ID number, just leave it blank.
- Regarding Step 6: Please bring a notebook and black pen to take notes, but more importantly so that you can take the test at the end of the clinic. YOU MUST REGISTER THROUGH ARBITER to let me know you want to sign up for the class. Please also email me to inform me that you will be attending. Please dress comfortably in clothes that you are willing to run around in. However, also dress modestly. No shorty shorts, tank tops, or other sloppy apparel. You are welcome and encouraged to bring food and drink. We will break for lunch.
If you have questions about the content or academics of the course contact: Peter Stilling firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to all the CGA players that are involved in ODP in Pheonix Arizona, Marcos Acosta-06B, Chris Peretti-03B, Adam Hernandez-03B, Mathew Meyer-01B, Tyler Webster-01B, Allison Horsely-04G, Selah Hunter-03G (JHYS), Will Stilling-03B, Rigo Garcia-01B.